Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Useful Budgeting Tools

Budgeting Tools

I used to be extremely smart with money.  I paid extra on the few bills I had and only used a credit card to build credit (always having the cash to pay it right off).  Over time I got married, had more kids and we have had a home to fix up, vacations to take, things to buy, etc!  I have been feeling a little overwhelmed with the amount of credit cards we have and I have decided to take the steps to get rid of it!


I knew I needed to have some sort of system in place to keep me organized and motivated.  I love Dave Ramsey's advice but wanted to take it a little further.  Lindsay over at One Beautiful Home Blog has the neatest printable workbook for debt!  It has a websites and passwords sheet, yearly bill tracker, snowball worksheets, etc.  It is the perfect yearly overview without getting me too overwhelmed!


The last thing I will be using is this awesome excel spreadsheet from Trees Full of Money!  You put in your debt, interest rates & minimum payment and it shows you when you can have everything paid off!  


I will also be cutting back on impulse purchases (gas station sodas, snacks, etc), trying to stick with a food budget, and realizing what is a need and a want!

I have some small goals and some important reasons for wanting to do this.

I want more time with my kids

I don't want to feel tied down because of bills

I want the freedom to save for something and pay for it (not on a credit card for 10 years)

I look forward to sharing my progress!!!



1 comment:

  1. The range of their products extends from Bosch Ovens, Bosch Hobs, Bosch Hoods, Bosch Dishwashers, Bosch Washers Dryers and Bosch Refrigerators Freezers to Small Appliances (Consumer Products) such as Vacuum Cleaners, Coffee Machines, Electric Kettles, Irons and Hairdryers. They provide services, with the added value of performance, convenience and user-friendliness, to their customers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...