Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Do You Stay In The Picture? Take the pledge!



I just came across an article on Huffington Post that really hit home for me.  It is titled The Mom Stays In The Picture.

I encourage EVERYONE to read this and then come back.  Yes, go read it now!  It is important.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am that mom.  I dodge every picture possible because I want to lose more weight.  I hide because I am in sweats.  I offer to take the picture because I don't have make-up on.  I miss photo opportunities because I don't want to be seen.

I have gained weight, I have got stretch marks and I have cellulite.  I have thrown my hair up without brushing it more times than I could ever count, have thrown on sweats and been lucky if my shoes matched.  I have dealt with pee, poop and spit-up.  I have disciplined even when I didn't want to.

I have also carried each of my children in my stomach vowing to love and protect them for the rest of their lives.  I have gotten up at all hours of the night to nurse and rock them no matter how tired I was.  I have kissed owies and read bedtime stories.  I have taken them to their first day of school and cheered them on when they thought they couldn't do something.  I have spent countless hours with each of them that mean the world to me!

I hope when they see a picture- these are the things they remember.  I hope they see love regardless of my looks at the moment.

This article made me realize a lot of things. I want to be in pictures with my kids regardless of how I look. I want my kids to look back and have memories that include me. They don't care if I look "beautiful" at that moment. To them, I am MOMMY- & that will always be beautiful.

I am taking the pledge- Mom stays in the picture!


I want to invite everyone to take the pledge & even share a picture!!  You can submit to the link at Huffington Post or share your link and/or thoughts in the comments here.  Let's aknowledge that looks don't make a mom.  That is something that comes from the heart!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Thanks for taking the time and energy to put this information together for your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, it is SO true that I dodge pictures. I think what I really need to do is stop looking at pictures from before kids. The truth is that I'm older now, therefore bound to look different whether I've had children or not. Thanks for the boost, I pledge to stay in the picture! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...