Del Monte has a great contest going on right now: Teacher Monday Cash For Classrooms. This contest is designed to help support K-12 grade public school teachers across North and central America by giving them cash to purchase school supplies and fresh fruit. I know many teachers use their own resources to purchase things needed for the classroom. This would be a great gift to award our amazing teachers! You can help your teachers out by letting them know about this contest.
To be eligible to win, teachers must register for the Teacher Monday Cash for Classrooms contest online at www.fruits.com. Teachers win solely based off of votes so they need to get everyone possible to vote for them- parents, students, friends and family! Ten winners have been selected each Monday since October 18th and there are still two Mondays left to enter. Winning teachers will receive $750 in cash to purchase school supplies and $250 in Del Monte fresh fruit coupons for classroom snacks and to use in fruit educational activities.
"In an effort to support schools in less developed countries where many Del Monte products are grown, and where classrooms are also experiencing economic disadvantages, the “Teacher Monday: Cash for Classrooms” program will link winning U.S. classrooms with a school in Guatemala or Costa Rica. The 50 selected Central American schools will also receive $1,000 each for school supplies."
This is a great promotion I think all teacher's deserve to know about so let's give our teacher's the information need to know to enter and support them by getting our communities to vote for them.
Two winners in the US will receive a $25 Del Monte fresh fruit gift certificates
1. Limited to US residents; 18 years old and above2. You must do the mandatory entry for any other entries to count
3. Leave 1 comment for each entry including e-mail and/or link (ie if you blog about this for 3 entries you need to leave 3 comments)
Mandatory: Do you have any teachers you will be telling (or have told) about this contest? (it is OK to answer no)
1."Like" The Simple Things on Facebook (1 entry-leave a comment with your fb id)
2. "Like" Del Monte on facebook (1 entry- leave comment with fb id)
3. Follow The Simple Things on Twitter (1 entry-leave a comment with your twitter id)
4. Subscribe to The Simple Things (2 entries-must verify email)
5. Follow Del Monte on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (1 entry per day- leave link)
Feel free to use:
· Enter to win a $25 @DelMonteFresh gift certificate book & enter Teacher Monday! http://alturl.com/2v6we @ashlesmommy07 11/15 #giveaway
6. Follow The Simple Things on GFC (1 entry)
7. Blog about this giveaway- leave links to The Simple Things & Del Monte (3 entries)
8. Vote for Kyren (2 entries, can only be done once) Voting for this contest ends 11-10
This contest will end Wednesday, November 15, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. PST. The winner will be chosen using random.org. Winners will have 48 hours to respond to my email. If the winner(s) do not claim their prize in the 48 hour period, a new winner(s) will be chosen at random
Disclaimer: I did not receive any form of cash for this review and this is written based on my own honest opinion (other people opinions may vary). I will be provided with two coupons books to give away but this does not affect my review and opinion of the product(s)