Monday, October 25, 2010

Sweet n Sour Meatballs on Rice (crockpot recipe)

It was really cold out today and I wanted to make something in the crock pot for dinner.  My oven is still broke :-( but I love using the crock pot!!  I found a recipe for Sweet n Sour Meatballs that sounded really good.  It was super "Simple" to make and I only had to buy a few things I was out of.



Ingredients:

1 pound ground beef, lean
1 egg, slightly beaten
4 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon dried chopped onion
1 tablespoon cooking oil
3 tablespoons vinegar
1 can pineapple, chunks (15 ounces)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce, low salt
1 large green pepper, cut into pieces
hot cooked rice


Directions:
  • In a bowl, combine ground beef, egg, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, salt, pepper, and onion. Shape into 1 1/2 in balls. In a large skillet, lightly brown meatballs in oil. Drain fat. Transfer meatballs to Crock pot.
  • Stir together in a small bowl, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, remaining cornstarch and green pepper. Pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours or on High for 2 to 4 hours. In the last 30 minutes of cooking, stir in can of pineapple. Serve over hot cooked rice.
I did not use onions or green peppers.  When I used 1 lb of hamburger meat it didn't seem like much so I ended up using X4 of everything.  We ended up with enough for everyone plus some (about 24 big meatballs)

Let me know if you try this or make something similar.  I would love to hear!! :o) 
 
~Keeping Dinner SIMPLE~
Thanks to CDKitchen for the recipe

1 comment:

  1. yummy. I'm your newest follower! I would love for you to visit me back!
    www.jessica62286.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...