A scanning electron microscope at a major university studied the effects of electroporation in Activeion technology. The images below show representative Escherichia coli (E.coli) and Staphylococcus (Staph) bacteria before and after applying the Activeion device in a 2 second spray. (WARNING: LOTS OF GERMS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THESE PHOTOGRAPHS.)
Bacteria cell walls are clearly compromised and these germs are dead, along with the their chance of causing sickness or infection.
For Activeion to legally claim that the ionator EXP and ionator HOM kill germs, the United States EPA requires that every claim be validated by proper testing at an independent laboratory. The testing must comply with a specific EPA protocol, called the Good Lab Practice (GLP) protocol. According to the lab results of Activeion's testing, when used as directed the Activeion ionator EXP and ionator HOM kill more than 99.9% of E. coli, staph, salmonella, E. coli O157:H7, pseudomonas, listeria, MRSA, VRE, and the H1N1 virus. And the lab didn't even see our pictures!
I haven't noticed a MAJOR difference between cleaning with the Ion HOM compared to other cleaners. I tested it out on my counter and wiped the top three times with 409 and the bottom with the Ion HOM and it did wipe up a little better. Thes best part is knowing it is killing germs! We have used this on our fridge, dresser, carpet, entertainment stand, table, and many more places!
1. Limited to US residents; 18 years old and above
2. You must do the mandatory entry for any other entries to count
3. Leave 1 comment for each entry including e-mail and/or link (ie if you blog about this for 3 entries you need to leave 3 comments)
Mandatory: Let me know one thing you have learned about Activeion (the company, products, technology) OR tell me how your household could benefit from having your own ionator HOM
1."Like" The Simple Things on Facebook (1 entry-leave a comment with your fb id)
2. "Like" Activeion on facebook (1 entry- leave comment with fb id)
3. Follow The Simple Things on Twitter (1 entry-leave a comment with your twitter id)
4. Subscribe to The Simple Things (2 entries-must verify email)
5. Follow Activeion on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (1 entry per day- leave link)
Feel free to use:
· Clean& sanitize your home using only H2O with the @Activeion ionator HOM! #Win one @ashlesmommy07 RV $180 http://alturl.com/ryus8 #green #nontoxic
6. Follow The Simple Things on GFC (1 entry)
7. Post this giveaway on ONE giveaway linky (2 entries-leave linky url. Only one giveaway link for a total of three entries throughout the whole contest)
8. Entered the Entry Butler Giveaway (2 entries-must have been completed while the giveaway was still open)
9. Blog about this giveaway- leave links to The Simple Things & Activeion (3 entries)
This contest will end Wednesday, November 24 2010 at 11:59 p.m. PST. The winner will be chosen using random.org. Winners will have 48 hours to respond to my email. If the winner(s) do not claim their prize in the 48 hour period, a new winner(s) will be chosen at random
Disclaimer: I did not receive any form of cash for this review and this is written based on my own honest opinion (other people opinions may vary). I was provided with an ionator HOM to be reviewed but this does not affect my review and opinion of the product(s)