I LOVE reading and so do my children. With school starting I have to read to my daughter every day. It is nice having new books to keep her from getting bored. We were so excited to read Pierre The Penguin- A True Story. This is one book I know my children will never get bored with.
Pierre The Penguin is a story told by By I Spy children’s author, Jean Marzollo. It was released in April from the California Academy of Science. This is the true story of Pierre, a little African penguin. Pierre lost his feathers a few years back and had problems as he could not keep warm. Biologist Pam Schaller came up with a great idea to keep him warm- a wet suit inspired by her dog's rain jacket. This heart warming tale is told in rhyme. It contains beautiful artwork and also has questions at the end of the book with answers from Pam.
We have read this book as a family many times and there is something special we really enjoy. You are able to view the Live Penguin Cam on the Academy’s website where you can watch Pierre and other penguins!! You are also able to visit the California Academy of Sciences where you can view the penguins in real life (I wish we lived closer!!)
This is a great family book that can be purchased from Amazon.
One of my lucky readers will win a copy of Pierre the Penguin
1. Limited to US residents; 18 years old and above
2. You must do the mandatory entry
3. Leave 1 comment for each entry including e-mail and/or link (ie if you blog about this for 3 entries you need to leave 3 comments)
~Mandatory~: Let me know something you have learned about California Academy of Sciences
1. "Like" California Academy of Sciences on Facebook (1 entry-leave a comment with your fb id)
2."Like" The Simple Things on Facebook (1 entry-leave a comment with your fb id)
3. Follow The Simple Things on Twitter (1 entry-leave a comment with your twitter id)
4. Follow California Academy of Sciences on Twitter (1 entry-leave a comment with your fb id)
5. Subscribe to The Simple Things (2 entries-must verify email)
6. Blog, Facebook, and/or Tweet about this giveaway (2 entries each-must leave link)
7. Follow me on GFC (1 entry)
8. Enter one of my other giveaways (2 entries per giveaway entered, past giveaways do not count)
This contest will end Friday, September 17, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. PST. The winner will be chosen using random.org. Winners will have 48 hours to respond to my email. If the winner(s) do not claim their prize in the 48 hour period, a new winner(s) will be chosen at random
Disclaimer: I did not receive any form of cash for this review and this is written based on my own honest opinion (other people opinions may vary). I was provided with one book to be reviewed but this does not affect my review and opinion of the product(s)