I recently had the opportunity to review this awesome book- Sock 'n Boots share written by D.K. Smith. My children begged me to read this over and over to them. The goal of this new series of books is not only to teach children valuable lessons but to also provide valuable boding time between the child and parent/teacher. Each Sock n’ Boots story begins with a question and is then answered throughout the story.
Sock 'n Boots share is the heart warming tale of best friends- mischievous Sock is the emotional one while Boots is wiser balancing out the friendship. During the story, Sock's lunch is eaten by birds. He is very upset and Boots offers to share his lunch which in turn makes them both happy. This book has wonderful rhyming words and beautiful vivid pictures. It kept my children's entertainment and was a good discussion starter. This book really helped them understand why it is important to share. I cannot wait to be able to purchase more Sock 'n Boots stories.
WIN IT: I am happy to be able to offer a copy of Sock 'n Boots Share to a reader of The Simple Things!!
1. Limited to US residents; 18 years old and above
2. You must do the mandatory entry
3. Leave 1 comment for each entry including e-mail and/or link (ie if you blog about this for 3 entries you need to leave 3 comments)
~Mandatory~: Tell me why would would like to win this book
1."Like" The Simple Things on Facebook (1 entry-leave a comment with your fb id)
2. Follow The Simple Things on Twitter (1 entry-leave a comment with your twitter id)
3. Subscribe to The Simple Things (2 entries-must verify email)
4. Blog, Facebook, and/or Tweet about this giveaway (2 entries each)
5. Follow me on GFC (1 entry)
6. Enter one of my other giveaways (2 entries per giveaway entered, past giveaways do not count)
This contest will end Sunday, August 29, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. PST. The winner will be chosen using random.org. Winners will have 48 hours to respond to my email. If the winner(s) do not claim their prize in the 48 hour period, a new winner(s) will be chosen at random
Disclaimer: I did not receive any form of cash for this review and this is written based on my own honest opinion (other people opinions may vary). I was provided with the product(s) to be reviewed but this does not affect my review and opinion of the product(s)