"Glee Gum is all-natural, gluten-free chewing gum with no artificial coloring, flavoring, sweeteners nor preservatives. Glee Gum is the only gum in North America made the old-fashioned way, with chicle! Chicle is a natural tree sap harvested sustainably from the rainforests of Central America. Once all chewing gum was made with chicle, but today most gum is made entirely from synthetic stuff. Not Glee Gum! Glee Gum uses chicle because it is an eco-friendly way to help conserve the rainforest. Chicle is also what gives the gum such great, long-lasting chewing texture! Glee Gum is a “green” gum right down to the packaging, which is made from biodegradable, recycled cardboard. So chew with Glee, naturally"
My daughter and I got to spend quality time together making our own gum using a kit from Glee Gum! We had so much fun during the whole process and it tasted great. It came with directions and everything needed and was surprisingly easy to make.
I really was impressed with the ingredients. On gum today there ingredients I am not always sure about. This kit uses only chewing gum base (containing natural chicle), confectioner's sugar, corn syrup, natural cinnamon and cherry flavors. I felt fine with my kids and myself chewing this. It was really easy to make. I did get very sticky but was able to get it off super easy. This kit made a ton of gum!
The kit also contained the story of Eduardo, a chiclero. It tells of how his job is to collect the sap (chicle) that is used to make Glee Gum. By purchasing their gum & gum kit we are making sure these workers continue to have a job. My daughter really enjoyed the story and it was really
neat to find out where the chicle comes from.
1. Limited to US-Continental residents; 18 years old and above
2. You must do the mandatory entry
3. Leave 1 comment for each entry including e-mail and/or link (ie if you blog about this for 3 entries you need to leave 3 comments)
~Mandatory~: Look around on Glee Gum and let me know your favorite product or favorite thing about Glee Gum.
1."Like" The Simple Things on Facebook (1 entry-leave a comment with your fb id)
2."Like" Glee Gum on Facebook- Let them know The Simple Things sent you (1 entry-leave a comment with your fb id)
3. Follow The Simple Things on Twitter (1 entry-leave a comment with your twitter id)
4. Follow Glee Guy on Twitter (1 entry-leave a comment with your twitter id)
5. Subscribe to The Simple Things (2 entry-must verify email)
6. Tweet about the giveaway (1 entry-leave link) Feel free to use- Win a make your own candy kit! @ashlesmommy07 ends 8/24 #giveaway http://alturl.com/th8xv
7. Blog about this giveaway, include a link to The Simple Things and Glee Gum (3 entries)
8. Follow me on GFC (1 entry)
9. Enter one of my other giveaways (1 entry per giveaway entered, past giveaways do not count)
This contest will end Friday, August 24, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. PST. The winner will be chosen using random.org. Winners will have 48 hours to respond to my email. If the winner(s) do not claim their prize in the 48 hour period, a new winner(s) will be chosen at random
Disclaimer: I did not receive any form of cash for this review and this is written based on my own honest opinion (other people opinions may vary). I was provided with the product(s) to be reviewed but this does not affect my review and opinion of the product(s)