Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday & Ice Cream

This looks sooooo good!

National Ice Cream day is Sunday, July 18th so I just have ice cream on my mind :o)  I actually don't need an excuse, I just LOVE ice cream-Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. I actually argue with my husband because he thinks it should be eaten after a certain time of day, I think he is CRAZY.

Here is the recipe or you can see it HERE

Brownies


1 box (1 lb 2.3 oz) Betty Crocker® fudge brownie mix

Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box

1/2 cup chopped pecans

Filling

2 quarts (8 cups) dulce de leche ice cream, slightly softened

1/2 cup hot fudge topping, heated until warm

1/2 cup chopped pecans

1 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping, if desired

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir brownie mix, water, oil and eggs until well blended. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans; spread in pan.

2. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until center is set. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool completely on wire rack, about 45 minutes.

3. Spoon ice cream evenly over brownies; smooth with back of spoon or rubber spatula. Freeze uncovered until firm, about 3 hours.

4. To serve, drizzle hot fudge topping over dessert with fork using quick strokes. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans. Let stand at room temperature about 5 minutes before cutting. Serve topped with whipped topping.

High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow High Altitude directions on brownie mix box.

Vanilla ice cream can be used in place of the dulce de leche ice cream. Drizzle the bars with 1/2 cup caramel topping as well as with the hot fudge.




Leave a comment, I will follow back! :o)  Don't forget to check out my giveaways, all LOW entries!!

3 comments:

  1. Yummy... that looks so yummy and so easy! ;)
    visiting from tammys two cents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats fab!! now I'll be eating ice cream.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I really want to try that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...