Friday, July 2, 2010

Nature Pals

My boys were both sleeping and my daughter was just bored!  We decided we wanted to do a craft but I don't have much here right now.  I found this on Family Fun.  Ours didn't turn out as cute (shhh I didn't say that ;o) but her attention span is not that long.  We had a lot of fun going out and finding things, just in our yard of course. If you had more time or if you don't live in the desert you could probably accessorize more.  We still had a lot of fun and these are so cute I just had to share :o) They will break VERY easy.

Materials

  • Sticks and twigs
  • Hand pruners (a parent's tool)
  • Hot-glue gun
  • Flat stone
  • Colored pencils
  • Small objects from nature, such as pinecones, pine needles, pieces of bark, acorns, and leaves
  • 8-inch piece of twine (optional)

Instructions
  1. Trim the sticks with the pruners and hot-glue them together to form a body with arms, a torso, and legs.
  2. Draw a face on the stone with colored pencils, then glue it to the torso.
  3. Glue on the other features, such as pinecone feet, an acorn cap, bark pants, or a pine needle skirt.
  4. Once the glue has set, you can hang your project5 by tying the twine into a loop, then gluing it to the back.




6 comments:

  1. hello! just stopping by from tf&g hop.. very cute blog! i'm going to try making some finger paint! i never thought of trying to make it!

    look forward to reading more!
    follow back please,
    leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi new follower!! Hope you can come over

    http://www.chickenista.blogspot.com
    http://www.chickenista-reviews.blogspot.com

    Have have giveaways going on at both blogs, hope you enter♥♥


    ~Thanks
    Have a Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for following Twee Poppets! I'm following you back! :)

    http://tweepoppets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm following you! I get Family Fun magazine & love it almost as much as People! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh lovely... Lovely.. Seems like something the girls & I could do!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, sorry it took so long for me to follow you back from the Friends Cafe on Thursday. We had been away and I'm just getting caught up now. Hope to see you again this Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...