Friday, July 23, 2010
* Weird But True - Based upon the hugely popular page in the National Geographic Kids magazine, kids will definitely say "wow!," "cool!" and "gross!" as they flip through the 301 outrageous facts and learn, for instance, that peanut butter can be converted into a diamond, an elephants tooth can weigh as much as a bowling ball and a dog can make about 100 different facial expressions!
* The Big Book of Fun - Featuring National Geographic's signature photography and vivid graphics, this interactive game book includes over 75 games, mazes, fill-in-the-blank stories, trivia tests and more.
* National Geographic Kids Almanac 2011 - Introduced last year and updated for 2011, this best-selling almanac has quickly become the gold standard. Kids will love the more than 50 puzzles, projects ands cool experiments, the 500 pictures of our planet and all that's on it and the more than 5,000 fun and amazing facts. Parents will love it because its chapters on science, geography and history -- plus more than 15 homework-helper sections -- is a terrific way to kick-start their kids' brains as the new school year approaches.
I am lucky enough to be able to give one lucky reader all 3 books!
1. Limited to US/Canada residents; 18 years old and above
2. You must do the mandatory entry
3. Leave 1 comment for each entry including e-mail and/or link (ie if you blog about this for 3 entries you need to leave 3 comments)
~Mandatory~: Leave a comment telling me which book you think your child would like the most.
1."Like" The Simple Things on Facebook (1 entry-leave a comment with your fb id)
2. "Like" National Geographic Kids on Facebook & tell them The Simple Things sent you (1 entry- Leave a comment with your fb id)
3. Follow The Simple Things on Twitter (1 entry-leave a comment with your twitter id)
4. Subscribe to The Simple Things (2 entries-must verify email)
5. Tweet about the giveaway-feel free to copy and paste text: (1 entry-leave link)
I entered to #Win Kids Boredom Buster @ashlesmommy07 #Giveaway http://alturl.com/mejjj (Ends 8/1)
6. Grab my button (2 entries-must leave link to your page)
7. Blog about this giveaway, include a link to The Simple Things and National Geographic Kids (3 entries)
8. Follow me on GFC (1 entry)
9. Enter any of my other giveaways (2 entries per giveaway entered, must tell me which one(s)
This contest will end Friday, August 1 2010 at 11:59 p.m. PST. The winner will be chosen using random.org. Winners will have 48 hours to respond to my email. If the winner(s) do not claim their prize in the 48 hour period, a new winner(s) will be chosen at random
Disclaimer: I did not receive any form of cash for this review and this is written based on my own honest opinion (other people opinions may vary). I was provided with the product(s) to be reviewed but this does not affect my review and opinion of the product(s)